Made2Measure's CEO Talks about his Tailoring Success Story
Kamlesh Ramchandani has been in tailoring and suit's business for 25 years. He created a real signature in the high-end bespoke's field. With two generations of experience in this art, M2M provides to his customers the finest handcrafted suits of life-long quality with a stamp of individuality. Ramchandani took the time to answers our questions and tells us more about his tailoring career.
1. How many years' experience do you have with tailoring?
Over 25 years.
2. Why did you want to be a tailor?
I had been introduced to it because it was a family business and being around the workplace constantly enhanced my interest and encouraged me to establish my own business in this field.
3. Who do you think are the best-dressed men in showbiz?
Brad Bitt, Ryan Reynolds, David Beckham.
4. If you could make a suit for anyone who would it be?
His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
5. Have you ever made a suit that you hated but the customer insisted on having it done that way?
Yes, I have such experience; however, in our business we must put our personal likes and dislikes aside in order to cater to the needs and wants of our clients in order to satisfy them.
6. Which celebs do you think could benefit from your styling?
Every celebrity can benefit from being styled at M2M as we tend to think outside of the box and provide him or her with a unique and subtle style.
7. How would you handle a situation where you have altered a person’s same suit three times, but still, the customer insists on making changes?
We prefer to meet the customer’s wants, as that is what our business focuses on. Our main aim is to ensure that our customer is satisfied with the product so we would try our best to alter it to perfection.
8. Have you ever made a sewing mistake you could not correct?
Yes, extremely rarely, we tend to encounter such situations; however, we usually replace the garment with a whole new one in order to provide a well maintained service.
9. What do you think is the most common style of suit requested for men in the UAE?
Men within the UAE prefer classic single-breasted suits with 2 buttons and 2 vents in the back.