Lentils with Mushrooms and Fennel on Mashed Potato
150g Puy lentils 75g button mushrooms 50g shimiji mushrooms 2 bulbs fennel
50g carrot, finely chopped
50ml chicken stock 50g red onion,
finely chopped 500g potato
2 tbsp butter
100ml heavy cream
1 tbsp parsley
75ml olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
1. Cook the lentils using a ratio of 1 cup lentils to 3 cups water, on medium heat for 20 minutes until soft. Strain and cool to room temperature.
2. Finely chop half of 1 fennel.
3. Sauté the mushrooms in a little olive oil. Add the diced vegetables and cook until brown. Add the lentils and chicken stock. Set aside.
4. Boil the potato until tender. Mash while hot, add butter, heavy cream, salt and black pepper.
5. Shave the other half of the fennel bulb as thin as possible. Season with salt and black pepper.
Add chopped parsley and some olive oil.