The triple world-record-holder making a difference with his fundraising
© ITP Images
• Alongside Eva, I became a triple Guinness World Record holder by breaking three records for men in a single 24-hour period: most burpees in one minute (46), most burpees in 12 hours (6,900) and most burpees in 24 hours (10,110).
• I ran the London Marathon in April, raising over Dhs20,500 for Macmillan Cancer Care in the UK. This amazing charity was a great help to my family during my mum’s battle with the disease, which she sadly lost in November last year. I raised a further Dhs11,000, when I ran the Berlin Marathon in September, in memory of my son who was stillborn two years ago.
• Having done all that, becoming a father to my beautiful daughter Lily Grace Ryan still has to be top of the list of my achievements last year – she makes me want to be a better person every day.
• I have a desire and determination to try to make a difference in the lives of people that can’t help themselves. I used the process of getting ready for these physical challenges with the mindset of showing people that even in adversity you can find some form of positive outlet. No matter how hard you think life is, there’s always somebody worse off than you.
• It’s hard to believe that I hated sports when I was at school. I wanted to be a graphic designer after getting an A* in my exams.