Ladies, your parking woes might just be coming to an end. The Abu Dhabi Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport has allocated 182 parking spaces for women around the city to help maintain their privacy and save them from spending time in search for parking.
How will you know a parking space is designated for women? It'll be pink and white of course!
Here are the locations and number of parkings, according to Khaleej Times:
- 26 spots are located on Hamdan Street behind Liwa Centre
- 18 in the corniche area
- 28 behind Trianon Hotel off Fatima bint Mubarak Street
- 18 behind Health Authority Abu Dhabi
- 26 on Liwa Street
- 25 behind Al Noor Hospital on Khalifa Street
- 41 in Al Dana area, behind the offices of Abu Dhabi Tawteen Council.
Mawaqif inspectors will ensure that the women-only parking spaces are not used by male motorists. Offenders will be fined Dhs500 for illegal parking and their vehicles will be impounded.