Join the Star Trek internship Program in Dubai!
Star Trek fans are already buzzing after news broke that the Star Trek reboot series will be filming in Dubai. First they were looking for extras, and now they want interns to join the project! The Dubai Film and TV Commission (DFTC) have announced an internship program in support of DFTC’s mandate to encourage the development of local film talent in the UAE.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to participate in the pre-production and filming phases of the movie. Candidates will learn the structure and organization of a film set across a range of departments, including production office, assistant directors, locations, hair and make-up, props and set decoration, wardrobe and VFX.
The program’s position requirements are as follows:
· Candidate has the legal authorization to reside in the UAE for the duration of the internship
· Degree in or working towards a degree in film and/or work experience in film preferred
· Knowledge of computer skills – Microsoft Office
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic would also be beneficial
· Candidates must be proactive and detail oriented
· Must have strong interest in film
· Must be willing to work long and unsociable hours
· Must attend a mandatory orientation day
The internship program starts 13 September 2015 and ends 15 October 2015, but may vary depending of the filming schedule. Applicants can apply by submitting a covering letter by 3 September, explaining why they are interested in working on the film and what key strengths they can bring to the project, together with a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org