The entertainment impresario who still gets a buzz from an adoring crowd
© ITP Images
• The launch of the 2015 Dubai Music Week was certainly one of my biggest achievements over the last 12 months.
• As managing director of Live Nation, the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, my team and I dedicated a huge amount of time and energy to the project, as we were keen to elevate the whole Music Week experience by creating not just a series of concerts, but an entire entertainment offering, including a stage for unsigned talent.
• Our other achievement was bringing Russell Peters back to Dubai and once again selling out two shows in a matter of a couple of weeks – always a great way to start 2016!
• The selection of the right talent is critical to the success of any show, and our focus for DMW is very much on music that is current and connects with the diverse youth audience living in the UAE. It’s also critical to build a brand that will support the goals of our key sponsors and allow them to reach their target audience in a cost-effective way.
• The most rewarding part of my work is when I see one of our artists performing in front of an audience of adoring fans. Even after 20 years in the business it still gives me a huge buzz standing at the side of the stage and seeing the audience’s reaction!
Instagram: @livenationme, @jamescraven28
Facebook: livenationmiddleeast, dubaimusicweek