To start, just bake or stew it in some sugar (in at least a cup of sugar for 20 minutes) and then get experimenting with the following ideas:
- Add vanilla and orange peel when cooking and serve the cooked fruit with clotted cream or vanilla ice cream
- Top off the baked rhubarb with crumble mix and then bake in the oven for 40 minutes
- Top caramelised rhubarb with ready-made puff pastry and pop it in the oven until the pastry rises for a delicious tarte tatin
- Add banana to the stewed fruit and serve cold – amazing for breakfast with yoghurt
- Finally Rhubarb Lemonade – cook the fruit and put it through a sieve and add lemonade.