How Keanu never ages!
So, the jawline's not quite so sharp, and at 43, Keanu looks a little more tired than his 29-year-old self, but we have to admit, the star is wearing it well.
Putting in a rare public appearance for his new movie, Street Kings, the actor still looked fabulous, with not a wrinkle nor a grey hair in place!
Ahlan! reveals what should have aged him, what could have helped prevent the ageing process, and says, ‘We still love you, Keanu!'
What stopped him ageing
- Keanu's never maintained an entourage - with all the egos and headaches they bring! - and spent a decade living on friends' couches, refusing to buy a house and remaining a free spirit.
- Sources close to the actor say he practises Buddhism and meditates regularly.
- His pay packets for the Matrix movies were Dhs36 million for The Matrix, and Dhs55 million each for The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.
- Oh, and did we forget to mention he negotiated 10 per cent of the gross of the first movie and 15 per cent of the gross for both sequels. The movies grossed Dhs5.7 billion. We did the maths, and it seems Keanu made a tidy Dhs2.3 billion. OMG!
What should have aged Keanu
- Tragedy struck for the actor in December 1999, when Keanu's girlfriend, Jennifer Syme, gave birth to a stillborn daughter, Ava Archer Reeves.
- And things got worse for the actor, when, in April 2001, Jennifer was killed in a car accident.
- Keanu's younger sister, Kim, has battled leukemia for a long time, with the actor spending all his free time by her side.
- The actor suffered a major career hiatus between 1995 and 1997, with a long string of flops, including Johnny Mnemonic, Chain Reaction and Feeling Minnesota, before a role in Devil's Advocate relaunched him.
- His mother Patricia married and divorced four times, with Keanu being forced to move frequently, once attending four schools in five years.