The Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai, HH Sheikh Mohammed has penned an open letter to residents, clarifying his priorities in the coming year.
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum took to Twitter to share the open letter, which touched on six points for goverment officials for the coming season.
The main points touched on:
- Officials being active, and out in the field, speaking to the public and getting to know people's needs. He said: "We are an achievement-based government that does not rely on lectures and speeches."
- Social media - that stirring chaos or misinformation on social media or using the UAE for self-promotion should not happen. He said: "We will not allow a group of Twitter users to mess with Zayed's legacy of credibility, love and respect for people. The good image of the UAE and the Emirati must remain as bright as Zayed wanted and built."
- Emiratisation - he said that it's still a top priority, however there will be changes.
- The UAE's economy - he said that the country's still improving and competitiveness is increasing. "We need quality projects and exceptional ideas, to advance our economy forward."
- Government services - "We've said it many times, government exists to serve the people" he said, explaining that people's demands may have increased, but having new challenges still means solving them.
- Be optimisic - "We are one of the readiest countries for the future and among the most competitive in the region," he empashised.
He finished: “We are the fastest growing country in a number of projects. We are the most advanced state in government management and we are the best country in adopting future technology.
"More importantly, we are a country that has the courage to face facts, review and continually adjust strategies to quickly move ahead towards the future.”