Thinking of exchanging your gas guzzler for something more environmentally friendly? It's time to take the plunge!
Dubai's road and energy authorities have made it all the more easier for motorists to purchase Electric Vehicles (EVs).
How, you might ask? In a new initiative announced on Sunday, Dubai government officials have revealed a number of incentives offered to EV owners, reports Gulf News.
They include the following:
- New EV buyers will be able to charge their vehicles for free at approved stations until 2019
- They will be able to ulitilise FREE green parking in designated areas of Dubai
- They will be provided with a free Salik tag
- Free electric vehicle registration AND renewals!
- A special green license plate sticker identifying the car as an EV
This is just the beginning! Green loans and insurance plans are still in the works, and will be available for those looking to purchase EVs soon.
Saeed Mohammad Al Tayer, Managing Director and CEO of Dubai Electricity and Water, said the incentives programme is in keeping with the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy’s creation of the Dubai Green Mobility Initiative, to “motivate organisations to use sustainable transport such as hybrid and electric vehicles and to contribute to the sustainable development of the emirate by reducing carbon emissions in ground transport which is the second largest gas emitter in Dubai.”
Will you be purchasing an EV now?