RECIPE: Hareera Del Kafta
250g lamb meat, minced
½ cup parsley leaves, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup tomato juice
2 tbsp tomato paste
½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
3 tbsp rice
1 tsp ginger, powdered
1 tsp curcuma
4 cups chicken broth
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Mix the minced meat with 2 tbsp of parsley. Form small meat balls and set aside.
2. Heat some olive oil and cook the meat balls for few minutes until golden brown.
3. Add the minced onion and the broth and bring to the boil.
4. Add the parsley, coriander, spices and tomatoes, and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the rice and adjust the seasoning. Cover and cook until the rice is done.
6. Garnish with extra chopped coriander and parsley.