Elevating the cinematic experience with fine dining
© ITP Images
• The launch of Vox ThEATre by Rhodes has brought a new approach to theatre food by turning cinemas into culinary destinations, and we’ll continue to expand the model into other Vox cinemas in the UAE, across the Middle East and beyond.
• I think the secret to success is to adhere to what you know and do best. Over the past year I’ve been awarded Time Out Steak House of the Year for Rhodes Twenty 10 and the Esquire Man at his Best award. I’ve been included in the Caterer Middle East Power 50. I’m also proud to have represented UK trade interests, and promoted Britain by taking the country’s Great campaign to Japan, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.
• I think the guiding principles of honouring your word, coupled with good manners and respect for others, will always take you far.
• The French chefs and British restaurateurs, the Roux brothers, Albert and Michel Sr, and their sons, Michel and Alain, have been an inspiration to me for most of my culinary life. Together they have changed the face of eating in the UK.
• I once read that the road to success is always under construction. Over the coming year I want to take RW1 restaurant on to a new level and style, and will continue my work with the Great campaign with a visit to Vietnam, where I’m looking forward to discovering new cuisine.
Instagram: @rhodesw1, @rhodestwenty10
Website: rw1-dubai.com, rhodestwenty10.com