Garlic Mini Palmiers
2 cups all-purpose flour
75g soft butter
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup cold water
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
FOR THE FILLING
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
6 garlic cloves, boiled and diced
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp basil (or parsley)
Salt and pepper
1. In a blender, mix all the filling ingredients and blend to a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. In a large sieve mix the rest of the ingredients and knead well until it forms a soft dough.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and, using a knife, cut into rectangular strips (6 to 8 cm each).
4. Brush each strip with one tbsp of the filling. Roll the edges in to create a palm or heart shape.
5. Cover and place in the freezer for an hour before cutting.
6. Cut into small palms and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden.