FOR THE DOUGH
21g fresh yeast or 5g dried yeast
½ tsp salt
Flour, for the work surface
Vegetable oil, for the baking tray
FOR THE TOPPING
300g chestnut mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp butter or olive oil
Readymade tomato pasta sauce
2 handfuls grated mature cheddar cheese
A handful chopped parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. To make the dough: dissolve the yeast in 150ml lukewarm water. In a bowl, mix together the flour and salt and form a well in the centre. Pour the yeast solution and 2 tbsp oil into the well and knead to form a smooth dough, by hand or using the dough hook on an electric hand mixer.
2. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead thoroughly for about 10 minutes, then cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
3. Heat the oven to 200C (180C in a fan oven) and oil a baking tray.
4. Knead the dough thoroughly again and roll out thinly to the size of the baking tray.
5. In a pan, sauté the mushrooms over a high heat in the butter with a splash of olive oil to prevent it from burning. Once browned, add the garlic and stir, cooking for about a minute. Season.
6. Place the dough on the tray and spread the pasta sauce over it. Top with the sautéed mushrooms and cheese.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is golden. Garnish with fresh parsley.