Five Things You Might Not Know About the New Oberoi Hotel in Dubai
1. Located on the 24th and the 25th floor of the two 2,529sq ft presidential suites have outdoor plunge pools on the very edge of the building.
2. The hotel overlooks the iconic Burj Khalifa and each of the 252 rooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling windows which afford spectacular views of the city’s skyline.
*CLICK THROUGH OUR GALLERY TO SEE THE PHOTOS FROM THE OBEROI HOTEL DUBAI*
3. One of the three onsite restaurants, Umai, employs a licensed fugu chef, the only one in Dubai! Fugu is a potentially lethal puffer fish revered in Japan as a delicacy, but it’s so dangerous you need to be trained for several years and licensed before you’re allowed to prepare it and safely remove the poison.
4. The Oberoi is in good company. The flagship Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur, India, was voted the best hotel in Asia by Travel + Leisure magazine, and ranked the best hotel in India and fourth best in world by Conde Naste Traveler in 2012.
5. The Oberoi is neighbours with another new UAE hotel, the JW Marriott Marquis, which also recently opened in Business Bay, making this area one to watch.