1 piece of Arabic bread
500ml corn oil
1 large lemon
160ml olive oil
Salt (according to taste)
4 baby cucumbers
4 small tomatoes
6 large cos lettuce leaves
2 whole spring onions
4 flat parsley stalks
5 mint stalks
2 tsp sumac powder
1. Heat the corn oil in a medium sized saucepan and deep-fry the bread until golden brown.
2. Remove the bread from the oil with a perforated kitchen spoon and place on absorbent paper to drain off any excess oil.
1. Mix all salad ingredients in a medium bowl and toss the salad.
2. Place the oil and lemon juice for the dressing in a small mixing bowl. Whisk them together, then add the salt and put to one side.
3. Add the dressing to the mixing bowl with the salad, placing it in a bowl serving four people.
4. Add the garnish and the bread on top of the salad and serve.
INFO: This recipe was provided by Al Nafoorah at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Dubai.