Super stocking fillers
Wrap up gift giving with six of most fashionable coffee tomes:
● Christian Louboutin: Get a personal look at the man behind those sexy stilettos. The shoemaker’s first monograph shares intricate pop-ups and dramatic still-life photography.
●Dressing Marilyn by Andrew Hansford: This just-released book features never-seen-before dress patterns, sketches and rare costume test shoots from William Travilla, the man who designed most of Monroe’s most iconic dresses.
● Viktor & Rolf: Fairy Tale is a dreamy collection of 12 beautifully illustrated fairy tales by the famous design duo.
● Manolo Blahnik and the Tale of the Elves and the Shoemaker by Camilla Morton: Each book in this series by fashion writer Camilla Morton re-imagines “Once Upon a Time” stories with the real-life tale of the famed shoe designer.
● Irreverent by Carine Roitfeld: Follow’s Carine’s fearless career from the early 90’s through to turning French Vogue into one of the industry’s most worshipped magazines.
● Jimmy Choo XV: In honour of the 15 iconic shoes from the brand’s archives and inspiration for Jimmy Choo’s new Icon’s collection, available from amazon.com
The most hotly anticipated multi-brand store, Rivaage Boutique makes its UAE debut this month. Located in Jumeirah’s all-new Sunset Mall on the Beach Road, it showcases a hand-picked selection of fashion upstarts as well as global heavyweight brands including Jay Ahr, Tucker, By Sophie, Whit, Judith Leiber and Georges Chakra. Plus there’s exclusive beauty products such as Cinq Mondes from Paris. rivaage.com
Join the Matthew Williamson party posse by slipping into some of his pre-spring collection for the party season. Pretty pastels and block colour are a wardrobe warm up to the much awaited summer collection released in January. The decadent feathers, laces and fl orals will make for an opulent transition into 2012.
Sisters are doing it
Stretis, the international hit label worn by celebrities such as actress Rachel Bilson, is now available in Dubai at Valleydez in Wafi Mall. Sretsis (“sisters” spelt backwards – geddit?!) is run by Bangkok-based sisters Kly, Pim and Matina Sukhahuta who aren’t afraid to experiment. The current collection is whimsical and vintage-inspired – perfect for those festive days ahead.