Fashion Forward Reveals New Designers for Season Three
Following its huge success last year, Fashion Forward is back for another season from 10-13 April 2014. So far we’ve seen a huge range of upcoming and established local and international designers including some of our favourites: Dima Ayad, Rami Al Ali and Zayan the Label. This season is set to be bigger than ever with lots of new designers debuting their collections on the Fashion Forward catwalk. Bong Guerrero, founder and CEO of Fashion Forward said: “Season three does not disappoint, as we have selected a diverse and representative portfolio of designers from those who have shown in previous seasons, and those who are new to the platform, but have significant and notable talent.”
On 11 March, Fashion Forward announced the designers that will be taking to the catwalk for the first time:
- Velsvoir – This quirky brand was launched by three brothers in 2012. Velsvoir began by creating bespoke bowties and has since expanded to a range of men’s and women’s accessories and more recently a menswear line. It focuses on classic tailoring whilst offering quirky and interesting accents to showcase their signature style. www.velsvoir.com
- DAS – Emirati sisters Reem & Hind Beljafla launched DAS in 2008 with a clear vision: to create a ‘must-have’ black dress combining the most up-to-date fashions with the historical aspects and respectful nature of an abaya. Since then, the label has seen great regional and international acclaim, having presented at London Fashion Week and featured in global press for their creative take on the traditional Middle Eastern dress. www.dascollection.com
- House of Ronald – London born Ronald Abdala first worked as senior designer for Maison Rabih Kayrouz. He soon launched his own line of womenswear which focuses closely on the human form, using bold and architectural cuts but delivered with fluidity, making for edgy yet sophisticated pieces. www.houseofronald.com
- Said Mahrouf – Said Mahrouf first presented his first pret-a-porter collection in 1999 to international acclaim and in 2000 he started his own performance company in Amsterdam. Mahrouf’s love of costume design, artistry and partiality to feminine elegance defines his collections. www.saidmahrouf.nl
- Asudari Studio – Originally from Saudi Arabia, London based Lamia Asudari launched her label in 2007. Lamia’s unique printed designs make her stand out above the rest. She is constantly experimenting with a variety of fabrics against conflicting and bold silhouettes. www.asudari.com
- Zareena – UAE National Zareena Yousef works with luxurious fabric combinations and rich embroidery that complement and enhance a woman’s beauty. She has been on a worldwide search for the exquisite textures, adornments and needlework to create her internationally acclaimed gowns. www.zareena.co/wp/
- Jean Louis Sabaji – Following in the footsteps of his fashion-designer father, Lebanese couturier Sabaji has always had a passion for design. His designs are influenced heavily by the strength and beauty of Mother Nature. www.jeanlouissabaji.com
Returning to the catwalk in 2014 are some designers we already know and love,. And we can’t wait to see their latest collections. These include:
- Essa – The Indian designer is a fave with fashionistas and this season we can expect to see a colourful unique collection from him.
- Kage – Returning for a third season, Kage promise playful printed pieces from their latest collection.
- Tahir Sultan - Tahir Sultan is back with an even more glamorous collection which features unique attention to detail.
- Zayan The Label – An Ahlan! favourite and Hot 100 member, Zayan the Label always promises a girly, playful show.
- Ezra – Ezra has been in the region for over a decade and is always one of the must-see shows of the event.
- Amato by Furne One – He’s dressed celebrities across the world but he still comes back every season to wow us with a dramatic collection.
As well as the main catwalk featuring collections for some of the more well-known designers, also returning this year is The Garden, with accessories from over 70 designers from throughout the region. Here, fashionistas will be able to purchase and browse products from the huge range of brands.
INFO: Fashion Forward kicks off on 10-13 April, 2014. For more information or to register visit www.fashionforward.ae