A 24-year-old woman with a heart condition has said visiting Dubai is on her bucketlist.
The American national, Jennifer Ortiz, who suffers from a weakening heart condition has shared a GoFundMe page in an attempt to help raise money to fulfill her wish.
The Colorado native revealed in the online post earlier this week that she was “scared and sad” but is “trying to stay positive” after being denied a third heart transplant. The post has since raised a huge amount since going viral, adding up to almost Dhs180,000.
Ortiz’s bucket long list included a trip New York to see the Broadway musical, meeting the Jonas Brother, to watch the Cowboys at their home stadium as well as visiting Dubai to see the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo at Dubai Mall.
Jennifer was first diagnosed with an enlarged heart aged 11 and her first transplant when she was 12, and the second one as recently as 2017.
She is currently depending on a biventricular assist device (BiVAD), which helps to pump blood through her body when her heart fails to do it. Her family is unsure on how much time she has left to live.
Jennifer’s bucket list contains the following:
• Go to Dubai; Burj Khalifa, Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
• New York; go to a broadway show, see the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, dinner with her east coast friends
• Italy; Rome, Venice (gondola ride), Lake Como (train ride though Switzerland)
• London; London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace
• Spain; Barcelona, Madrid
• Attend a taping of Ellen
• Meet the Jonas Brothers
• Go to Morocco and ride camels through the desert
• Meet Bruno Mars
• To see Lizzo in concert
• Go to a home game to watch the Cowboys
• To see Avril Lavigne in concert
• California; rent a house to celebrate Thanksgiving with her entire family
See the GoFundMe page here.