There’s one tasty line up in store with the Dubai Food Festival due to kick off this Friday! The immensely popular Beach Canteen at Kite Beach will be reprising its role as the al fresco dining experience for the entire duration of the festival (6 to 28 Feb), where 11 of the best homegrown Dubai concepts will be serving up their yummy creations and hot off the press news that will appeal to the kid in you, is the appearance of Denver-based ‘The Inventing Room’ who will be showcasing their famed Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory-inspired culinary creations from 12 to 14 Feb. While it’s set to entertain the tastebuds, DJ sets, urban yoga and open mic sessions for foodies who love a sing-along ensures a multi-sensory experience.
Elsewhere this Friday, the new addition of the popular Ripe Food and Craft Market, will be launching its deli section at Zabeel Park. Offering organic food, arts, crafts and fashion, the farmers market’s new deli section will showcase fresh bread, local cheese, olive oils, vinegars and more.
We’ll keep you updated throughout the festival, because there are oh so many events at this culinary extravaganza, we’d rather inform you as it happens so that you can keep up to date without feeling overwhelmed. The coming week however, also requires that you mark the 8 Feb in your diary if you love movies and food in equal measure, because it marks the launch of the ‘Food and Film’ segment, which will screen 11 food-inspired films that you can view for free. Kicking off at JLT Park with our favourite American comedy drama, Chef, which highlights the adventures of Carl (Jon Favreau) as he becomes the fully fledged chef of his own food truck, viewers can expect an accompaniment of All-American dishes. Next on the list is the Indian-inspired, The Hundred-Foot Journey, showing at the Beach Canteen on 11 February.
Last one for the week ahead includes the festival’s ‘Dine On The Creek’ where internationally renowned celeb bring their renowned cuisine aboard the Emirate’s iconic dhows. Saudi Arabian super chef, Yousef Khumayes, will be serving up traditional delights aboard the Rustar Restaurant Dhow on 10 February for just Dhs90 per person! Stay tuned for more Dubai Food Festival news…
Key Festival Dates and Venues
· Beach Canteen, 6 to 28 Feb, Kite Beach, Jumeirah
· Dubai Food and Film, 6 to 28 February, Various outdoor locations throughout the city
· Urban Farm, The Archive, Safa Park, 7 Feb Creekside, Bur Dubai, 28 Feb
· Food Truck Convoy, 8 to 12 Feb, 15 to 19 Feb, 22 to 26 Feb, Emaar Boulevard, Academic City, JLT Park, Knowledge Village, Studio City
· GulFood, 8 to 12 Feb, Dubai World Trade Centre
· Mystery Dining Tours, 9, 14, 17, 18, 23 Feb, various locations
· Dubai Food Carnival, 12 to 14 Feb, Dubai International Marine Club
· Taste of Peru, 12 to 14 Feb, Madinat Jumeirah Amphitheatre
· Street Food Photography Exhibition, dates throughout Feb, Dubai Airport
· Fatafeat Kitchen, 20 to 21 Feb, Galeries Lafayette, The Dubai Mall
· Street Nights, 20 to 21 Feb, Street 4B, Al Quoz
· Masala! Food Fair, 20 to 21 Feb, Zabeel Park
· Made In Dubai, 27 to 28 Feb, Zabeel Park
· Dine on The Creek, 10 to 23 Feb