Dinner with 12 Michelin Stars
How many of you can stake claim to indulging in a multi-course dinner cooked by celebrity chefs representing a total of 12 Michelin stars? Our guess is not many…well UAE residents come 3 April you will have. Thanks to the folks at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, seven international chefs will convene for the now-global Stars, Food & Art gala event making it the largest gathering of Michelin star chefs ever in the Emirates. The event, which combines art and gastronomic excellence, was created in 2007 at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. Armed with this success, Sofitel in partnership with the acknowledged culinary journalist and author Lise Goeman Borgesius-Timmer has hosted this festival in Marseille, Lyon, Munich and most recently Vienna. So who exactly is descending on Dubai, and whose signature dishes will you savour? Here’s the impressive roll-call:
• Claire Clark,*** The French Laundry (California, USA)
• Thomas Bühner,*** La Vie (Osnabrück, Germany)
• Giovanni D’Amato,** Il Rigoletto (Reggiolo, Italy)
• Christophe Aribert,** Les Terrasses (Uriage les Bains, France)
• Bernard Bach,** Le Puits Saint Jacques (Pujaudran, France)
• Joe Barza, Chase (Beirut, Lebanon)
• Cyrus Todiwala, Spice Namaste (London, UK)
If the spectacular Vienna event is anything to go by, we’re booking dinner pronto.
INFO: The eight-course dinner on Tuesday 3 April, 2012 is priced at Dhs2,500 per person or Dhs22,000 for a table of 10. Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, 04 448 4851, www.starsfoodart.com.