Chicken (whole 1.6Kg) boneless (3” x3”cubes)
300 ml ghee
20g turmeric powder
15g red chilli powder
150g ginger and garlic paste
6g cinnamon whole
5g cardamom whole
1g bay leaves
90g brown onion paste
100g cashew nut paste
100ml tomato puree
500g coriander bunch
80g coriander powder
1. Begin with a clean saucepan, heat the ghee and add in all the whole spices cook for 3-4 minutes, then add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
2. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder cook for three minutes, add 100ml water and cook for five minutes.
3. Add chicken and cook for another 8-10 minutes. In a clean mixing bowl, add yoghurt, brown onion paste and cashew nut paste. Mix well and add to the chicken with the tomato puree. Cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Remove the cooked chicken and keep aside.
4. Strain and remove all the whole spices and bring the gravy back to a boil. Add coriander bunch to the gravy, simmer for 10-12 minutes minutes, until the coriander releases the flavor and to medium thick gravy. Strain and add the cooked chicken. Simmer for another 6-7 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, transfer to a clean pan, and allow cooling. Cover and store in chiller.
INFO: This recipe was provided courtesy of Asha’s restaurant in WAFI, Dubai