The girl fro LA who's brokered movie deals with the stars
• Nothing in this world just comes to you. You’ve got to know how to identify an opportunity and go and get it.
• My background is film financing and in LA I produced 11 movies, including 16 Blocks with Bruce Willis, Black Dahlia with Hilary Swank, The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage and 88 Minutes with Al Pacino. I’ve also produced several series of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Khloé and Kim Take New York and The Spin Crowd for E!.
• I’m now representing groups that are looking to work on films and potentially partner with government entities. Last year I helped a private equity group from the US raise capital in the GCC. As I deal with the US and the Middle East, the work day is sometimes never-ending as I juggle my hours between time zones. Currently, I’m focussed on growing my company CDB Advisory and excited for the new projects I’m working on.
• Someone gave me the book The 4 Agreements and I’ve managed to live by its four simple sayings: “Be impeccable with your word, don’t take anything personally, don’t make assumptions, and always do your best.”
• In your dealings with others, it always pays to be clear and transparent from the beginning so that there is never room for misunderstandings.
• My father always gives me the best advice; sometimes a good one-liner is all you need to put things in perspective.
• I never look back or have regrets, I just keep pushing forward and put more effort in where needed.