Bring on the Brussels Sprouts
This veg is synonymous with the festive season and we've got some simple ideas that'll win you over
- Finely shred some Brussels sprouts and stir fry them in olive oil and butter with pancetta and chestnuts.
- Add leftover cooked Brussels sprouts to cooked penne pasta, Gruyere, Parmesan and some cream before baking in the oven.
- Braise the Brussels sprouts with shallots and thyme in chicken stock.
- Brown some butter and add the Brussels sprouts with some chopped hazelnuts and roast in the oven.
- Roast some Brussels sprouts in the oven and toss with ready-made red pesto.