1 fresh sea bass
½ kg coarse sea salt
1 slice of lemon
Few black peppercorns
Few white peppercorns
1 small bay leaf
Few sprigs of parsley
Few sprigs of parsley (finely chopped)
Few drops of extra virgin olive oil
Fresh grated black pepper
Vegetables of your choice
(Sea bass in salt crust with steamed vegetables)
1. Clean the sea bass but don’t grate the skin of the fish.
2. Cover the fish with the oil and a few drops of lemon. Sprinkle some black pepper.
3. In the belly of the fish, add the sliced lemon, bay leaf, black and white peppercorns and some parsley sprigs.
4. Place the fish in one ceramic container with 1.5 cm salt on the bottom. Cover the fish with 1.5 cm of salt.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cook for 28 minutes approximately, dependent on your oven.
6. Steam the vegetables in Chinese steamers adding some sea salt to the water to maintain the colours of the vegetables.
7. Fillet the fish directly on the table.
8. Plate the fish, drizzling some oil, parsley, lemon and black pepper.
9. Plate the vegetables with salt and oil.
INFO: This recipe was provided by dinner party caterer Maurizo Pelli. To book call 050 428 2289