Boiled Plantain with Dory and Spinach
150g Dory fish fillet
350g or 2 plantains
200g fresh spinach
1 Knorr vegetable stock cube, crushed
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
Salt, to taste
1. Cut the plantain into 3 equal parts and boil with the skin on for 15 minutes until soft.
2. Cut the fish fillet into 4 equal parts and season with the salt and mixed herbs, then drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
3. Rinse the spinach and pat dry. Set aside 4 whole spinach leaves and finely chop the rest. Steam the whole leaves for 3 minutes and set aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small wok and add the finely chopped spinach. Add a pinch of salt, a bit of crushed vegetable stock and a pinch of dry chilli flakes to taste. Cook for 4 minutes stirring continuously.
5. Grill the pieces of fish on a griddle or pan for 3 minutes on each side.
6. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a separate wok, add the onion, ginger and garlic, a pinch of salt and vegetable stock to taste. Stir-fry on medium heat until golden brown.
7. Peel the skin off the plantains and slice lengthways in half.
1. Stack the slices of plantain into a tower at the edge of a serving plate.
2. Lay the 4 whole spinach leaves evenly across the plate.
3. Line up the fish in the centre of the plate and place 6 mounds of chopped spinach along either side. Top the spinach with the ginger, garlic and onion mix.
4. Drizzle a little olive oil over the plantains and the fish and scatter with some chilli flakes.
INFO: Kiza Restaurant & Lounge, The Lodge, Oud Metha, Bur Dubai, 04 334 4159, www.kizalounge.com.