Blood Group Diet
CELEBRITY FANS: Cheryl Cole, Liz Hurley, Courteney Cox, Demi Moore
WHAT’S INVOLVED: This diet is said to work best for junk food addicts who are meant to see results faster. However, it is also extremely popular among female stars who use it as a quick route to gaining that red carpet perfect bod. The Blood Group Diet was created by Dr Peter D'Adamo who developed four diets, each one specific for different blood types. He believes that by adjusting your diet in accordance to what your ancestors ate you can lose weight fast and feel healthier. He breaks it down into:
- Blood Group O, The Hunter
Recommended diet: High protein and high meat
- Blood Group A, The Cultivator
Recommended diet: Largely vegetable-based
- Blood Group B, The Nomad
Recommended diet: Mainly dairy products
- Blood Group A, The Enigma (Dr D’Adamo is stumped on this group as it’s only recently evolved)
Recommended diet: A combination of the others
YOU WILL NEED:
- To check your blood type with your doctor
- A book on the Blood Group Diet to help you with your diet plans and to ensure you’re eating right for your type
- Once you know your bloody type fill your trolley accordingly...
Blood Group O. Meat and fish. No dairy or wheat
Blood Group A. Pasta, wheats, nuts, seeds and vegetables
Blood Group B. Everything. The only restrictions are processed foods, nuts and seeds.
Blood Group AB. A combination of above
VERDICT: Do your research before following this diet. For example, if you’re vegan and a blood type O, you’re going to have a problem! Also eliminating whole food groups is not beneficial in the long term.
Have you tried this diet? If so, let us know what you think in the comment box below.