Wedding understands that choosing your make-up and creating a look for your big day is a daunting exercise. Let Joelle Mardinian, TV star and Max Factor’s new regional creative director, guide you through creating two fantastic looks using the Max Factor Colour Effect Range, namely the Sweet Pearl Effect and the Colour Dream Effect. Whether for your ceremony, the reception, the after-party or even a glam night out on your honeymoon – here’s the best way to achieve the look of 2010.
The Color Dream Effect
Defined and dazzling, the Color Dream Effect incorporates three glittering shades with plenty of mascara for contoured brilliance. Dark lips and rosy cheeks ensure that your face will light-up the dimmest of lit rooms.
1 Apply Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation all over your face and neck. Ensure you use a small quantity and merge well.
2 Use the Max Color Effect ‘Queen Bee’ trio eye shadow. Apply one coat of the green shade all over your eyelids, adding more layers for increased colour-depth. Apply yellow to your brow bone up to your eyebrows.
3 Next, apply the orange eye shadow on the inner corners of your eyes, intensifying the colour with increased layers of application. Then, apply a very small amount of Max Colour Effect Dip eye shadow in ‘Ibiza Sunrise’ above the orange colour, and brush it all the way up to reach the eyebrows.
4 For a more dramatic look, use black kohl pencil on the inside rim of the eyes and smudge through to lower lashes.
5 Apply three coats of Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in black.
6 Lastly, apply Max Color Effect lip gloss in ‘Weekend Spa’. Apply a small amount of blusher on the apples of your cheeks.
Sweet Pearl Effect
Neutral lips and cheeks with eyes that are ethereal and bronze – this subtle look gives you a dewy silver sheen.
1 Apply Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation all over your face and neck. Ensure you use a small quantity and blend it well.
2 Use the Max Color Effect ‘Sweet Pink’ trio eye shadow. Apply one coat of the pink shade all over your eyelids. Additional layers can be added for more depth.
3 Next, apply Max Color Effect Dip-In eye shadow in ‘Bronze Glow’ all over the eyelids. Using the slanted side of the sponge, brush under your eyes and then use a brush with a rounded tip to blend the line to create a smoky look.
4 Apply Max Color Effect Dip-In eye shadow in ‘Silver Lounge’ over the brow bone and down to the inner corners of your eyes. For added definition, apply three coats of False Lash Effect Mascara in black.
5 Lastly, use the Max Colour Effect lip gloss in ‘Ivory’ to give your lips a fuller-effect. Add a small amount of blusher on the apples of your cheeks to emphasise your chic eyes.
● False Lash Effect mascara: There’s no need for fake lashes with False Lash Effect mascara’s full and thick effect. Samira Olfat, Max Factor’s make-up artist, calls it ‘false lashes in a tube.’
● Match your foundation with your skin-tone: Avoid colours that are too pale for your skin-tone as you will look pale and washed-out. Warmer hues with yellow or pink undertones will warm your skin to a natural and healthy glow.
● Oil-free foundation is a must: Make sure to apply moisturiser and select an oil-free, lasting foundation. Max Factor Miracle Touch is great foundation with smooth application and beautiful natural warm tones, ideal for your special day.
● The photo test: Take some test pictures with your photographer/videographer to ensure your look is as great on camera as it is in real life.
● Trial your entire look before your W-day: Do one last final trial of your wedding hair and make-up a few days before your wedding. Make sure your skin tone has not changed due to tanning or lack of sunlight. If it has, now is the time to readjust your make-up.