Recipe: Banoffee Pie
400 grams digestive biscuits
200 grams butter
2 tins sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups double cream
3 large ripe bananas
1 chocolate (for grating decoration)
1. Melt the butter and add the crushed biscuits.
2. Spread into the bottom of a cake tin and chill in the refrigerator.
3. Boil the tins of condensed milk, fully submerged in water for 2 to 2 ½ hours, topping up water as necessary, else the tins will explode.
4. When the cans have cooled, spread the toffee over the biscuit base.
5. Slice the bananas on top of toffee.
6. Whip up the cream using an electric hand mixer.
7. Spread the cream over the banana.
8. Grate some chocolate over the top and serve immediately or chill until required.