Aromatic Green Chicken Curry
Vegetable oil, for greasing
4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm slices
25g butter, melted, plus another 2 tbsp
100g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
100g fresh fenugreek leaves, chopped
6 spring onions, chopped, plus extra to serve
5 fresh hot red chillies, chopped
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp cumin seeds
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
1 chicken, boned and cut into 3cm dice
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
100ml double cream
100g brown shrimps, peeled
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a baking tray and line with tinfoil.
2. Brush the sweet potatoes with the melted butter, place on the prepared baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
3. Place the coriander, fenugreek, spring onions, chillies, garlic and ginger into a blender and blitz to a paste.
4. In a large, deep frying pan, toast the cumin seeds over a moderate heat, then add 2 tbsp of the melted butter, the coriander paste and a dash of yoghurt. Cook until the fat floats on top of the mixture.
5. Add the chicken, garam masala, turmeric, salt, the remaining yoghurt and the cream and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat. Add the shrimps and cook for a further minute.
6. Mix the curry and baked sweet potatoes and serve with chopped spring onions and yoghurt.