The woman bringing couture fashion direct to UAE homes
© ITP Images
• Launching Stellar Couture Concierge in October 2015, with my business partner Julia MacDonald, was a way to provide elegant occasion wear, from designers such as Patricia Bonaldi, Scala, Alberto Makali, Jovani and Terani Couture, to women directly in their homes. Trying these gowns on at home is what the rich and famous do when dressing for the Oscars, but there was no similar service here.
• Clients book an appointment, and a driver and an assistant bring a selection of gowns to the client’s home to try on. We might also take alternative options and accessories that we feel would suit the client and the occasion – it could be a corporate event, a wedding or a family occasion. Friends and family can also join to give opinions, but also to try dresses themselves – it creates a kind of party.
• Work is constant at the moment and I don’t count the hours we work – you can’t when you’re starting a new company.
• Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani education advocate, has to be among those I most admire. She’s a true role model for the younger generation.
• We will continue to expand the portfolio of designers we work with and also include swimwear, as we develop Stellar be the go-to site for those with special calendar events.
• Health and fitness plays a major role in my life and I always set goals in the New Year. I spent three months training for a white-collar boxing challenge last year, which concluded with a seven-round bout in front of a packed house at the Habtoor Grand.