Last week (October 14) Angelina Joliewas slammed with a call to shut down the movie she is currently directing in Hungary. The Associated Foreign Press the Association of Women Victims of War in Sarajevo said Angie was turning what were serious historical occurrences into a giant Hollywood film. "This is misleading history. We will not allow anyone to falsify our pain."
But now Angelina has bitten back at the conflicting reports which branded her film “false” and “misleading” telling critics to “hold judgement until they have seen” for themselves what the story is about.
After the outrage, Gavrilo Grahovac, the Culture Minister of the Muslim-Croat federation had no choice but to issue a statement to Angelina and her team specifying that unless they turned over the script for rewriting production would be stopped. "They no longer have the authorisation to shoot in Bosnia,” he said. “They will have it if they send us the scenario with a story which will be different from what we have been told by people who read it."
And it seems Angie has complied with Gavrilo’s wishes. Movie producers handed over the script with Ange saying she sympathizes with concerns but that the “sensitive” storyline is being handled with care.
"Obviously any dramatic interpretation will always fail those who have had a real experience,” she said. “This is not a documentary. There are many twists in the plot that address the sensitive nature of the relationship between the main characters and that will be revealed once the film is released."