The young entrepreneur who's diversified into the world of lavish event planning
© ITP Images
• I recently launched my company, Chocolate Weddings, and have already held two highly successful functions – the first at Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi and the second at Cidade De Goa Resort, India. Over 1,000 people attended the weddings, and guests included Bollywood celebrities and high-profile politicians. I had tremendous feedback from the clients and the guests.
• My company also hosted a luxury VIP fashion pop-up, partnering with renowned fashion brands that included Drama Queen Dubai, Amishi London, Nina Zandnia and Laykh, which attracted fashionistas from across the UAE, as well as Pakistani superstar Fawad Khan and Bollywood songstress Kanika Kapoor. Harper’s Bazaar Arabia and Grazia Middle East were partners for the event and we’ve already been asked to host the second edition.
• In addition to the Hot 100, in 2015 I was awarded Trendsetter of the Year by Masala, which is quite special.
• My work and association with the glamour industry began at the age of 14, and since that time I’ve interviewed such stars as Salman Khan, Colin Farrell, Colin Firth and Priyanka Chopra.
• I’m planning a workshop and mentorship programme for young talent in 2016, to nurture career aspirations and new entrepreneurs in this industry.
• My best source of support and biggest inspiration has to be my mother. I seek her advice in challenging situations and she always knows what to do, as she understands the world of business very well. She’s my pillar of strength!