SERVES 8, CALORIES PER SERVING: 150
There is no hard and fast rule about which veggies you can use, just pick whatever you like and throw it all in, adding potatoes to bulk it up a bit more if desired
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cm root ginger, grated
2 chillies, deseeded and chopped
450g jalfrezi sauce
400g can chopped tomatoes
Salt, to taste
650g butternut squash, chopped
1 cauliflower, broken into florets
200g frozen peas
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes until softened, then add the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for 1 minute.
2. Pour in the jalfrezi sauce and tomatoes, then refill the tomato can with water and add to the pan.
3. Add the butternut squash and cauliflower, season and stir to combine.
4. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in the peas, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot naan or a side of fluffy rice.