15 Facts You Didn't Know about Robin Thicke
1. He was already writing and producing songs for top R&B artists at 16.
2. At the age of 21, he wrote and produced songs on over 20 gold and platinum albums including Michael Jackson, Pink, Christina Aguilera, and Usher.
3. He was acknowledged for his work on popular albums such as Usher's Confessions and Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III.
4. In 2005 Robin received his first Grammy Award for his work on Usher's 2004 album Confessions.
5. His mother Gloria Loring appeared on U.S. daytime drama Days of Our Lives.
6. His father actor Alan Thicke is known for his role on the TV sitcom Growing Pains.
7. His father helped him to write his first songs.
8. He co-wrote the song "When You Put Your Hands on Me" for Christina Aguilera's debut album.
9. He has various artists’ influence such as Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Sting, Prince, Alanis Morissette, The Beatles, John Lennon, Bob Marley and Michael Jackson.
10. He’s Usher’s close friend.
11. Thicke was present for Usher's engagement to Tameka Foster, serenading the couple with his song "The Stupid Things".
12. The unrated version of his 2013 hit “Blurred Lines” was banned from YouTube due to nudity. The clean version has over 282 million views.
13. He and ex-wife Paula Patton were together since high school.
14. He has a three-year-old son, Julian Fuego Thicke.
15. He used to have long hair.