1. The lobby floor is made of rare green marble imported from Italy and the three chandeliers each contain 7000 Murano glass crystals.
2. Staff in the Alba Lobby Lounge wear uniforms inspired by Pippa Middleton’s bridesmaid dress!
3. The hotel has a dedicated bridal suite with a private lift for direct access to the huge ballroom.
*CLICK THROUGH OUR GALLERY TO SEE THE PHOTOS FROM THE RITZ-CARLTON ABU DHABIM GRAND CANAL*
4. A 57-metre-long pool is illuminated by 300 lights and the design on the bottom was inspired by a piece of fabric the hotel’s owner saw in Italy.
5. The hotel shipped in 23 olive trees, some aged 180-years-old, from Spain to create that perfect Italian look in the gardens!
6. The signature restaurants including The Forge were designed by super cool interior firm Super Potato who have created celeb-fave hotspots including Zuma in London
7. The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal is the third largest Ritz-Carlton in the world!
8. It faces the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the mosaic tile patterns on the floor of the lobby, as well as motifs used in other public areas and on the guest room doors and floors, are exact replicas of the designs used within the mosque.
9. The hotel has 10 main buildings arranged in a crescent formation, furthering the motif that pays tribute to its neighbour, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
10. The stone paving in The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal’s courtyard comes all the way from Petra in Jordan!
11. To ensure quality shuteye, the pillow menu at the hotel offers 10 different types of pillows. From the 3 chamber pillow (inside chamber 100 per cent new white goose feathers, outside chamber 10 per cent goose feather and 90 per cent goose down) to the spelt pillow (made of 100 per cent German spelt) and lots more!
12. All-day dining restaurant Giornotte is designed to resemble a classic Italian villa.