15 things only Dubai residents will relate to
There's a reason why Dubai is referred to as one of the most sought after place to visit by tourists. We're not only home to the tallest building in the world, Dubai is also a city of technology, extravagant architecture, and modern services, making the rest of the world assume that anyone who lives here is somewhat priviledged.
But of course, only residents will understand how it's REALLY like leaving in Dubai.
If you've lived in this city for quite a while, we've listed down a few things that we think you would relate to:
1. Accidentally leaving your phone on the table, panicking, then coming back to it sitting in the same spot.
2. Everyone thinks you're rich af.
How people think we live:
How it really is:
3. When the temperature reaches below 30 degrees, and you're suddenly digging your closet for sweaters and jackets.
4. Who needs to travel around the world when you can just visit Global Village?
5. School's closed, roads are flooded, people are drowning, and kids are jet skiing on the roads; all because of two drops of rain.
6. Your GPS is literally confused every day due to new roads being built all the time.
7. Visiting your home country like;
Stranger: Where are you from?
Stranger: Sorry, where is that?
Me: *deep sigh* Dubai...
Stranger: OHHHH OF COURSE DUBAI!
8. Never buy a car with leather seats. If you know, you know.
9. If a karak chai costs more than a dirham, forget about it.
10. No one knows what Modesh was. Is it a worm? A random creature? What...?
11. Everyone sets their location on social media as 'Dubai' and not Ajman, Sharjah, or Fujairah.
12. OMAN CHIPS. Yup, that's it.
13. When the 5% VAT started and suddenly it feels like you're gonna go broke.
14. CRAZY HOT SHOWERS
Doctors: "It's best to shower with lukewarm water."
*water starts running*