The first-ever international competitive figure skater from the UAE has been smashing stigmas all over the world
- It is with great pride that I represent my country around the world, break down barriers and open the doors for the future generations of female Muslim athletes.
- I achieved my personal best competition results in 2017. With great honour, I was the ﬁrst person to ever represent the UAE at the Winter Olympics Qualiﬁcations.
- In 2017 I also happily collaborated and was part of the design process of the Nike Pro Hijab and two of the Nike campaigns. I had my ﬁrst magazine cover with Women’s Health Middle East . I conquered my fear of heights and ﬂew in the Red Bull Air Race acrobatic demonstration. I received an Arab Wo men’s Award and was a panellist for the International Conference of Sports for Women hosted by the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy.
- In sport, I look up to Michelle Kwan because after her incredibly successful athletic career, she has continued to be a great inﬂuencer and devoted to the development of sports.
- In life, I look up to my parents because they have supported me and given me love and guidance throughout my life.
- The best advice that I have been given was to stand strong, ﬁrm and be committed to my goals and dreams. Do not let small obstacles seem like mountains.