Top 10 Things to do in the UAE This Week
New! get your heels on for Fashion Wednesdays with Manolo Blahnik
Wed 30 Oct
Check out this glam new ladies’ night at The Skylite Lounge at the Yas Viceroy in Abu Dhabi. With free entry as well as free drinks and the chance to win a pair of SJPs fave Manolo shoes, it’s unmissable!
INFO: 7pm, Skylite Lounge, Yas Viceroy, Abu Dhabi, 02 656 0600, www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com
Rev Your Engines For Bike Week
Thu 24–Sat 26 Oct
The area’s biggest motorcycle event is back! Petrolheads will find heaps to get them excited, from stunts to shops, and music to motorbike building. Here are our highlights:
1. The Stunts Jack Fields, the former world number-one freestyle motocross rider, along with world-renowned Saudi street bike stunt rider Shadi Al Dhaheri from Red Bull will be showcasing their top tricks.
2. The Noise Get set at 2pm on Fri 25 Oct to catch the ‘Thunder Parade’ as over 1,000 riders set off on a ride out around the city.
3. The Music Local bands including The Maplejacks, Salha & The Million Dollar Band, Jay Wud, Point of View, Chronicles of Khan, Juliana Down, Sandwash, Riff Raff, Screemin Egulz and The Boxtones will entertain.
4. The Talent Adventure HQ has introduced the Pump Track, where young and old scooter riders, cyclists and skateboarders can showcase their talents.
5. The Custom Bikes The Custom Bike Building Championship is judged across 13 classes, with vehicles evaluated based on everything from style to metal work. Pimp my ride!
INFO: Dhs60 (adults), Dhs20 (children), Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, 04 435 6101, www.gulfbikeweek.com
NEW! Try a fashion-infused ladies’ night!
Tue 29 Oct
Japanese restaurant Kanpai has launched a hot new ladies’ night! The Souk Al Bahar venue has teamed up with West LA Boutique to offer Glamurai every Tuesday. Ladies will get a 25 per cent discount voucher to spend at the hip boutique. Plus you’ll get a free cocktail on arival, then it’s buy-one-get-one-free for the rest of the evening.
INFO: 7pm-11pm, Kapai, Souk Al Bahar Dubai, 04 441 9262
Head to Ladies Day Out
Fri 25-Sun 27 Oct
If you want a fab new hairstyle, a professional makeover or if you fancy trying your hand at being a DJ, then this is a hot ticket! 10,000 gals are expected to totter down to Meydan for 25 events. It’s all taking place at the race course’s Sky Bubble.
INFO: Dhs100 (advance standard), Dhs120 (door standard) and Dhs180 (VIP advance), Dhs210 (VIP door), The Sky Bubble, Meydan Racecourse, Dubai, www.ladiesdayoutdubai.com
Go Red for Ladies Night
Wed 30 Oct
Ladies who wear red will get creative cocktails for only Dhs5.
INFO: 8pm-12am, Ritz-Carlton, Abu Dhabi, 02 818 8888, www.ritzcarlton.com
Go Cracktacular at Claw
Fri 25 Oct
Try the American-inspired new brunch from one of the hottest eateries around.
INFO: 12pm-4pm, Souk Al Bahar, Dubai, 04 432 2300, www.clawbbq.com
Get Creative at Downtown Design
Tue 29 Oct-Fri 1 Nov
Pick up some tips at this International Design Trade Fair.
INFO: 5pm-8pm, The Venue, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, www.downtowndesign.com
Dive into Friday
Fri 25 Oct
Chillax at this pool party with international DJ Ian Carey.
INFO: Dhs100 (advance), Dhs150 (door),12pm-3am, XL Beach Club, Habtoor Grand Beach Resort and Spa, Dubai, 04 399 5000, www.habtoorhotels.com
The Night of the Ad Eaters
Sun 27–Tue 29 Oct
A cinematic extravaganza that focuses on the last few decades of advertising from around the world. The show runs in 40 countries.
INFO: 7.30pm-10.30pm, Madinat Jumeirah Theatre, Dubai, 056 349 8212, www.adeatersdubai.com