Dubai Food Carnival: Top 10 Things to Check Out
The Dubai Food Carnival's on from 21 February to 22 February and it's going to be all about "fun, food and flavours” featuring celeb chefs, culinary masterclasses, restaurant pavilions, food tastings as well as musical entertainment. Here's what you simply can't miss!
1. John Torode: The UK MasterChef extraordinaire will be demonstrating his cooking skills from 1.30pm-2pm and 4pm-5pm on 21 February and 2pm-2.30pm and 5pm-6pm on 22 February. A super-popular figure on the UK culinary circuit, John is best known as the straight-talking co-host and judge of BBC1's MasterChef, Celebrity MasterChef & Junior MasterChef, as well as the presenter of The A to Z of TV Cooking for BBC2.
2. Silvena Rowe: The top chef will offer an exclusive Taste of Organic Arabia three course meal featuring 98% local organic produce at her pop-up restaurant at the Carnival. There are three daily seating sessions limited to a maximum of 50 diners at a time over the two days of the Carnival. There will be three seatings on Friday and Saturday. The first will be from 12:30pm to 3:00pm, the second from 5:30pm to 7:30pm and last from 8pm to 10:30pm. You can't miss it!
3. Ali Al Sayed: Standup comedy time with the funnyman from 6.30pm-7pm on 21 February. The Emirati homegrown talent named ‘one of the most influential comedians in the world’ by Toastmaster’s International Magazine, and chosen as one of the ‘funniest people of the year’ by Rolling Stone.
4. Sumo Wrestlers: Take on sumo wrestlers for the first time in Dubai at 12.30pm-1.30pm, 1pm-1.30pm, 3pm-4.30pm, 5.30pm-6.30pm, 7.30pm-9.30pm on 21 February and 11am-12.30pm, 1.30pm-2pm, 4.30pm-5.30pm, 7.30pm-10pm on 22 February! Let the three-time World Champion show you how it’s done. Think you can beat Nara the Basho champion?
5. Sanjeev Kapoor: Love Indian food? You'll like this! The top Indian chef and entrepreneur will be demonstrating his cooking skills at 12.30pm-2pm on 21 Febraury and 8.30pm-9.30pm on 22 February.
6. McGettigan’s Band: Enjoy some fab music from 8pm-8.30pm on 21 February and 6.30pm-8pm on 22 February. Acoustic Kick will show off their repertoire of pop, funk, soul and jazz music.
7. Manal Al Alem: The Queen of the Arabian Kitchen will be doing a cooking demosntration from 9.30pm-10.30pm on 21 February and 5.30pm-7pm on 22 Febraury. The multi-talented lady has produced and hosted her own TV cooking show and authored best-selling cookbooks too.
8. Dean Obeidallah: Laugh it up with Dean from 7pm-7.30pm on 21 February and 7pm-7.30 on 22 February. Born to a Palestinian dad and Sicilian mum, his brand if comedy's really unique.
9. Chef Toh Chye Siong: The Head Chef at Hakkasan will share his culinary secrets in a demo from 11.30am-12pm on 21 February. We're so going to be there!
10. Uwe Micheel: The award-winning Executive Chef of Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek will be demonstrating his cooking skills from 8pm-9pm on 21 February and 12.30pm-1.30pm on 22 February.
INFO: Tickets Dhs30 (general admission), Dubai Festival City, 04 308 6620, www.dubaifoodcarnival.com