Romain Van Durmen
A Chef de Cuisine at Fairmont The Palm who previously worked in two Michelin star kitchens
- I am Chef De Cuisine of The Chefs Palette, a dedicated cooking studio where I provide group or one-to-one cooking classes, ﬁne-dining dinner experiences and cooking courses. I teach all levels from basic to Michelinstyle technique dishes, sharing what I have learnt during my career.
- This past year has been very exciting for me, but my biggest achievement was joining Fairmont The Palm and driving The Chefs Palette, re-creating a whole new concept and focus for it.
- I really like the UAE because you feel that there is opportunity everywhere. Everything and anything is possible here.
- My family is my main focal point, but I also look up to one of my friends, who is also a chef. He has been teaching me and advising me well over the last few years.
- My secret to success is to be well surrounded, listen to what other people think and never think that you know enough. Always keep learning and evolving.
- This year, I want to be a better leader and have more knowledge than I do now, constantly learning and adapting my skills to become a better chef day by day.