Recipe: Mini Burger Bites
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
400g lean lamb mince
1 tin anchovy fillets in oil, finely chopped
50g fresh breadcrumbs
1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, halved, deseeded and sliced very thinly
1 tbsp dill, chopped
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp flaked sea salt
Mini burger buns
200g tub tzatziki
- Heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Place in a bowl and mix with the lamb, anchovies, breadcrumbs, rosemary and parsley.
- Shape into 12 patties and chill well for as long as possible, until ready to grill or barbecue.
- Place the cucumber into a non-metallic bowl with the dill, vinegar, sugar and sea salt, then set aside to pickle for 10 minutes. Drain off the excess liquid.
- Cook the burgers on a hot barbecue or under a medium hot grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve in the buns with the tzatziki and cucumber salad on the side.