Recipe: 305 Calorie Chicken and Pea Quinoa Risotto
A delicious dish packed with health benefits
CHICKEN AND PEA QUINOA RISOTTO
SERVES 4, CALORIES PER SERVING 305
Unlike rice, quinoa (pronounced ‘keen-wah’) is a complete protein. It’s packed with dietary fibre, phosphorus, magnesium and iron and it’s gluten-free, making it easy to digest
Extra virgin olive oil spray
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
300ml vegetable stock
2 celery sticks, chopped
75g frozen soya beans
75g frozen peas
1 courgette, grated
2 tbsp basil leaves, chopped, plus extra
15g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Spritz a large pan with a few squirts of olive oil spray.
2. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Add the garlic and chicken, then season to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the quinoa and stock, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the celery, soya beans, peas and courgette and cook for another 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced and the quinoa and vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in the basil leaves and Parmesan cheese.
7. To serve, season and garnish with a few basil leaves.