Recipe: 226 Calorie Chicken and Kale Stir-Fry
An immune-boosting plate of goodness
CHICKEN AND KALE STIR FRY
SERVES 4, CALORIES:
226 PER SERVING
This immune boosting recipe is packed with goodness
425g mini chicken breast fillets
2.5 cm root ginger, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, grated
The juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
¼ tsp turmeric
2 red onions, sliced
250g curly kale, chopped
1 tbsp miso paste
2 carrots, peeled
1. Place the chicken fillets into a shallow dish and season with salt and ground black pepper.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, lemon zest and juice and stir to mix evenly.
3. Heat the oil in a large wok and add the chicken, and allow to cook for 3 minutes without stirring, to let it brown.
4. Add the turmeric to the pan, then turn the chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes.
5. Push the chicken to the side and add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes until softened slightly.
6. Add the curly kale.
7. Stir the miso paste into 200ml boiling water and pour over the kale. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, drag a vegetable peeler along the carrots to create ribbons.
9. Stir the carrot ribbons into the chicken and vegetables and cook for a final 2 minutes.
10. Served with boiled quinoa.