Lennard Francois Otto
The theme park CEO who’s walking with dinosaurs
- In 2016, as Chief Executive Officer, I oversaw the opening of IMG Worlds of Adventure, the world’s largest indoor theme park – at 1.5 million square feet, it’s the size of 28 football fields. We also launched our second theme park, Worlds of Legends.
- IMG is the UAE’s only theme park project that’s locally owned and it’s been involved in pioneering theme park safety standards and codes, in line with European safety standards, for this market.
- We’ve recruited 1,500 people, across 70 different nationalities. Our teams have travelled to the UK, Germany, Ukraine, Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia, Pakistan, India, China, and other places, to interview 22,000 people for these positions.
- You can’t teach someone how to have a good personality, be friendly and smile and laugh, which is at the core of our business delivery – having the technical and specialist skills required for the role, is only part of the picture.
- If I have a favourite ride, it’s the Haunted Hotel, it still scares me every time I go on it.