How to Cook the Perfect Steak...
Top top tips to create restaurant quality steak at home
In the mood for steak? We show you how to make your own the way the pros do!
- Choose your cut wisely: the meat should be bright red, the fat should be creamy white and there should be thin streaks of fat running through it.
- Remove the steak from the fridge about an hour before grilling so it has the chance to reach room temperature. A cold steak will contract when it hits the grill and toughen.
- If you’ve got good quality meat you don’t need to season it with more than salt and pepper and a bit of oil. Leave it for 5 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- Proper heating of the grill is vital: use a grill plate with bars and turn up the heat as far as it can go to seal in the juices.
- The best sauce for steak comes from deglazing the pan or reducing the juices that collect while the meat is resting.
INFO: The Butcher Shop & Grill, The Walk at JBR, 04 428 1375; Mirdif City Centre, 04 284 0740, www.thebutchershop-me.com.