In the mood for steak? We show you how to make your own the way the pros do!
- Choose your cut wisely: the meat should be bright red, the fat should be creamy white and there should be thin streaks of fat running through it.
- Remove the steak from the fridge about an hour before grilling so it has the chance to reach room temperature. A cold steak will contract when it hits the grill and toughen.
- If you’ve got good quality meat you don’t need to season it with more than salt and pepper and a bit of oil. Leave it for 5 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- Proper heating of the grill is vital: use a grill plate with bars and turn up the heat as far as it can go to seal in the juices.
- The best sauce for steak comes from deglazing the pan or reducing the juices that collect while the meat is resting.
INFO: The Butcher Shop & Grill, The Walk at JBR, 04 428 1375; Mirdif City Centre, 04 284 0740, www.thebutchershop-me.com.
The New Orleans-style restaurant is serving up lunch at The H...
Friday nights equal prime cuts of French beef at the restaurant