Get an Engagement Ring Like Cheryl Cole and Kim Kardashian's Thanks to Lewis Malka
We’ve all seen the massive rock that Cheryl Cole has been sporting since announcing that she tied the knot in secret, and the pop singer is just one of many celebrities who have been given big rings to celebrate their love.
Whether it’s Kim Kardashian, Mila Kunis or even Kate Middleton that you’re buying for, picking the right engagement ring isn’t as easy you may think. So ladies, don’t be left disappointed by your man when he gets down on one knee and pops the question with a jewel you don’t like. Read our exclusive tips from celebrity jeweller Lewis Malka and pass it on to your loved one so he at least has a nod in the right direction.
Lewis Malka’s top five tips to get a celebrity inspired engagement ring...
The most important thing is not to panic, don’t be afraid to take your time to think over what design your partner will love. Dropping hints and asking close family and friends can be an easy way to establish which style will be best. Does she want a ring like Kim Kardashian? Take a picture and you can either have a replica made in a similar style. Of course, if you still don’t get it quite right you can take the ring to a specialist jeweller, like myself, and we can work together to re-mould your ring.
- When buying a diamond you need to think about the four C’s, varying these can make the difference in thousands of pounds and this is probably the easiest way to get the celebrity look for less.
- Carat: the higher the carat a ring has, the heavier it is. When you think of carat think weight.
- Colour: diamonds are graded from D (perfect) to Z (discoloured), a good jeweller will take you through the different options to find the right one for you. Of course, there are also coloured diamonds and again, these vary massively so speak to a specialist before purchase.
- Clarity: diamond imperfections are graded and the price is hugely affected by this. Clarity is often compromised when the price is too high.
- Cut: a poorly cut diamond doesn’t shine as much. A well cut diamond has perfect symmetry and will reflect and refract light for a stunning look. Again this can be compromised to reduce price.
- Choosing the band should be fairly easy as you can gauge whether your partner will prefer gold, silver or platinum simply by looking at the jewellery they wear on a regular basis. The hard bit is getting the size right, try borrowing a ring she wears regularly to make sure you get it right.
- One of the most important things to keep in mind is the budget. It’s easy to get carried away when you’re choosing a ring especially with fabulous celebrity sparklers setting a high standard! Give yourself a limit and stick to it, you can get beautiful rings that fit within varying budgets so don't be scared to say no!
- If you are nervous about buying a ring, consider proposing with a diamond. You can then visit a specialist jeweller and design the ring together, your fiancé will love the 'behind the scenes' experience and creating her own sparkler to rival Cheryl Cole's.