Devinder is a personal trainer and journalist who's helping people all over Dubai get fit and healthy
- I’ve been a journalist for 18 years and worked primarily for national newspapers and magazines in the UK before moving to Dubai three-anda-half years ago. In October 2016, I set up a content agency with my better half and top Dubai photographer Mark Field. The Content Collective provides copy, photography and design solutions for companies across the region.
- I’ve just celebrated the one year anniversary of setting up my personal training company: Fit Squad DXB. We’re a company of personal trainers, yoga instructors and nutrition experts. My business partner Daniel Wells and I started with just the two of us and we’ve just taken on our 18th personal trainer.
- I think the UAE is the land of opportunity. If you’re good at what you do, then there’s the support and mechanics to make a success of yourself.
- Women like Michelle Obama are my heroes; women who use their power and position to help and empower other women, be it through education or awareness – so much so, I named my new car after Michelle. And then there’s always Beyoncé – need I even explain?
- This year I’m looking forward to having a bit of a break and doing some travelling. And then I’ve got some ideas for a new project involving animals… watch this space!